OUR CLIENT; A LEADING OPERATOR WITHIN THE IGAMING INDUSTRY, ARE LOOKING FOR A NOC ENGINEER TO JOIN THEIR TEAM IN THEIR MALTA OFFICE.
- The Network Operations Centre (NOC) plays a key role in ensuring high availability and attainment of service levels.
- As a NOC engineer you will interact frequently with Customer Support, 3rd Line Support teams and 3rd party providers, therefore having effective written and verbal communication skills are important.
- You will be the single point of contact for handling and monitoring the company’s infrastructure.
- Detect and analyse alarms to provide fault isolation and remote troubleshooting, escalating when necessary.
- Maintain and monitor the company’s Infrastructure.
- Maintain a good standard of providing information internally as well as with customers when it comes to ongoing issues.
- Acts as a focal point for outages until restoration.
- Assists in process improvement and automation.
- Document and write procedures with relation to new technologies
- Maintain, escalate and update NOC related tickets
- Work on a rotating 16/7 shift basis
- Deliver on KPI’s set internally as well as adhere to SLA’s and OLA’s with regards to service delivery to our customers
- Escalate as required for resolution according to SLAs and OLAs.
- Provide effective, efficient and knowledgeable customer service and solutions to our customers (both external and internal)
- Using ITIL Best Practice handle service requests, incidents, problems and change requests.
- Create new and update existing knowledge base articles
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Customer Satisfaction metrics.
- Possess excellent communication skills, needed for delivery of information both to technical teams as well as non-technical personnel
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Be highly motivated, with proven aptitude for learning new skills and keeping up to date with the latest technologies and industry changes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking essentials, including LAN/WAN, Routing and Networking Protocols.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Server administration including but not limited to DNS, Active Directory and DHCP.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools including but not limited to Nagios, OP5 and Splunk.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux Administration including but not limited to, basic navigation through terminal reviewing and troubleshooting of logs
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL. Skills should include but not limited to querying the database to gather information and troubleshooting. Experience with updating entries and transactions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web services including but not limited to WSDL and manual SOAP call triggering and troubleshooting.
- Basic Knowledge of Java and Application Servers. Preference given to demonstrated knowledge of analysing logs and troubleshooting issues.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management & Best Practices.
For further information or to apply; please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org